HUSNG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$50+ blinds against loose aggressive players

3 posters

Go down

$50+ blinds against loose aggressive players Empty $50+ blinds against loose aggressive players

Post  MindOnMind Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:18 am

I just faced a villain I had played against before, and my reads on him from the previous match was that he would call a very wide range preflop. So basically, if he raised the blinds to $150, he would call an all in of like $700 with just Q7.

This match I had about $1000 when the blinds became $50. These are the cards I received in order:
-73o
-24o
-37o
-56o
-67s
-J5o
-K3o
-92o
-2To
-4Jo
-7Ko
-43s
-TT (he folded on button)
-3Qo
-6Ko
-J2o
-75o
-2Ko
-7Jo

During all these hands (except the TT), he played very aggressive preflop. He raised $150 on button, and raised $200 if limped too. I know against a standard player, at such blinds the best strategy is to play very aggressive, 3bet all in etc.. But this player would never fold preflop if he had open raised. And he would 3bet all in if I chose to raise on button, these were my reads so I kept limp/folding and minraise/folding. The last hand in 100 blinds I had 5-3, and since I had only $500 left i decided to go all in on button, and he called with 9T offsuite.

So, what could I possibly have done? 2-T, 3-7 etc have very low showdown value. What could I have done against a loose aggressive player in this situation? Even after folding so many times in a row, he would still reraise me big if i suddenly raised the blinds. He absolutely gave no respect.

MindOnMind

Back to top Go down

$50+ blinds against loose aggressive players Empty Re: $50+ blinds against loose aggressive players

Post  jmoney711991 Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 am

against that player the only thing you can do is be patient and wait for a decent hand. Keep folding those bad hands.

jmoney711991

Back to top Go down

$50+ blinds against loose aggressive players Empty Re: $50+ blinds against loose aggressive players

Post  MindOnMind Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:33 am

yes but the blinds were too high to be patient.

MindOnMind

Back to top Go down

Post  cardassian Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:29 pm

So when you got the K70 hand how much did you have behind?
Against this opponent i'd probably be getting it in with a hand like this and a stack under 15bb.
I don't really like shoving that deep but if they're leaving you no choice just use a nash chart and play unexploitable poker.
BTW if you have 1000 and blinds are 50 you should never be raising more than min as your pf raise.
Unless of course you have a monster and think villian will shove over any bigger raises but not a minraise.
Also always remember sometimes we just get a cold deck and there's not a lot we can do.

cardassian

Back to top Go down

Post  MindOnMind Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:16 am

I think best thing to do here is just keep folding them pf, and limp some if i believe villain wont attack limps that often and if he lets us steal nonraised pots postflop.

MindOnMind

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum