HUSNG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this ok

3 posters

Go down

Is this ok Empty Is this ok

Post  cardassian Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Ok I'm just wondering if the check shove here is standard or am I only getting called by better in this spot?
My thinking was that he might call me with the flush draw, straight draw or a hand like TT that didn't believe I hit, but know i'm wondering if i really get value here or if all but the Q or higher pockets usually fold.
Villan is -8%roi @ %11 over 400 games.
Given his bad stats does this change how i should play the hand?
Would calling down be a better line?

Poker Stars $22+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 4811
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t1820 M = 60.67
BTN/SB: t1180 M = 39.33

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with A club J club
BTN/SB calls t15, Hero raises to t120, BTN/SB raises to t240, Hero calls t120

Flop: (t480) Q heart J heart Q diamond (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t270, Hero raises to t1580 all in

cardassian

Back to top Go down

Is this ok Empty Re: Is this ok

Post  jmoney711991 Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 am

Is this the first time villain has limp-reraised you like this? If so, I would just fold pre-flop. Even if it wasn't, I don't really like calling OOP with 25% of our stack invested since we're gonna miss the flop the majority of the time. I would try to put him on a range and either push or fold.

Once you got to the flop, I think you played it right.

Edit: changed my opinion.

jmoney711991

Back to top Go down

Post  MindOnMind Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, if you're gonna go with the hand.. check raising would be better, to get some value for the times ur ahead. But I think most of the time ur behind, he probably got kings, aces. Maybe even trip queens.

MindOnMind

Back to top Go down

Post  cardassian Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:14 pm

MindOnMind wrote:Well, if you're gonna go with the hand.. check raising would be better

Dude I did check raise.

Also jmoney when did you change your mind?

Was just wondering as I obviously got the kind of flop i'm looking for, just not sure if i played it right.
Villian hadn't limp raised before but I wasn't giving him much credit as he'd made some retarded plays before this.

cardassian

Back to top Go down

Post  MindOnMind Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:13 am

I know you did, that's why I say, if you are GOING with the hand, check raising is better. No point in leading and calling. There's value in check raising IF you have the best hand, which is still rare depending on villain.

MindOnMind

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoney711991 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm

cardassian wrote:
MindOnMind wrote:Well, if you're gonna go with the hand.. check raising would be better

Dude I did check raise.

Also jmoney when did you change your mind?

Was just wondering as I obviously got the kind of flop i'm looking for, just not sure if i played it right.
Villian hadn't limp raised before but I wasn't giving him much credit as he'd made some retarded plays before this.

I changed my mind before I made the edit, so the one you see now is my final opinion. If villain's been making retarded plays before, I would just jam over his re-raise.

jmoney711991

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum